All that's lacking now is the hardware, which I'll add in the morning when the top coat has completely dried. After all of the hard work, I'm really proud of myself. For anyone out there who has qualms about re-finishing furniture, don't worry! It's really not as scary as I thought it would be, though you should be ready to put in a lot of hours with some sand paper if the finish is in bad shape. The staining went very smoothly, I used a rag to rub the stain into the wood and just let it dry. For the varnish, I used a foam brush (grand total of 96 cents at home depot) and made very long strokes.
I think, in review, that the color was a good choice, even though it still doesn't match much of our furniture. It was a cleaner version of the original color, and it stays true to the natural wood, which I believe is pecan. I can't wait to get my hands on the other pieces in the set someday so that I can clean them up too! What a great bedroom set it will make!